Serial Slot Review

Serial slot thumbnail by nolimit city

Our Favourite Crypto Casinos to play Serial Slot

Image of the BCGAME logo
Daily Free Spin for a mega win of up to 5 BTC
Trustdice Logo
Claim a $25 Welcome Bonus
No deposit
Image of the Stake Casino logo
Play on Stake and join the Daily $100,000 Race
Image of the 500Casino logo
Get a bonus of 100% up to 1000$ + 50 Free Spins

Technical Table Information

InformationInsights of the slot
RTP (return to player):96.07%
Release Date:08.11.2022
Maximum Multiplier:74,800x 
Winning Lines:243+
Min bet ($, £, €): 0.20
Max bet ($, £, €): 100

Description of the Slot 

Those familiar with Nolimit City’s Mental know better what to expect from a slot titled Serial. The game centers around a serial killer you’d never want to cross paths with and who goes by the name of Bodycam Butcher. While blood is likely to spill in the game, Nolimit pulls off yet another feast of features by mixing some new lineups with familiar segments. With everything going at extreme levels in the slot, it’s about time to greet Mr. Butcher. 

The Serial slot opens on a 5×3 layout but can expand to fit in more symbols. Winning ways start at 243 but extend further once the grid makes room for more symbols. Bets range from 0.20 to 100 coins per spin but using xBet increases the price by 20%. The added advantage of xBet rests with a guaranteed scatter symbol on the 2nd reel. While you get three RTPs, 96.07% is the preferred version. Since the variance levels are extreme, it won’t be easy to escape Bodycam Butcher’s menace. 

Design and Audio

Serial gives us a focused look inside Butcher’s dingy bathroom, which has a large bathtub with blood stains all over. The sheer creepiness of the place gives us a quick insight into the killer’s brutal mindset. With a number tag 13 hanging right below the mirror, it’s very likely the maniac has murdered at least a dozen people. 

Meanwhile, the music emanating from the pacy and hardcore guitar might be too loud for some players. If that’s the case, we suggest muting it for good. 


Nolimit City sets the tradition of densely packing its slots with many features. In Serial, you’ll find plenty of action going on throughout the game. 


When winning symbols land, they remain on the reels while other symbols respin. With each respin, two Enhancer Cells at the top and bottom row are unveiled, starting from left to right for each respin. 

Enhancer Cells

Here are a few of the features Enhancer Cells might bring to the fore: 

  • xWays: reveals 2 to 4 matching symbols of the same type. If more than one xWays land, they reveal the same symbol. 
  • xNudge Wild: reveals a stacked wild symbol that nudges to give a full view. With each nudge, the multiplier increments by +1. 
  • Wild: a standard wild symbol
  • Characters: high-paying character symbols land in these cells

xSplit Wild 

xSplit Wild is a 2x wild symbol that only appears on the 5th or rightmost reel. xSplit Wilds split all symbols on the same row into two. If it splits scatter symbols, the number of free spins also doubles. Similarly, if xNudge splits, its multiplier gets doubled.  

Infectious xWays 

The Ways revealed by Infectious xWays infect all other regular-sized symbols to expand them to the same size. 

Hitting 3 scatter symbols in a spin triggers The Search bonus round. Since each scatters holds a value, their sum determines the number of free spins you have won. The feature opens with additional Enhancer Cells on reels 2, 3, and 4, which subsequently increases the grid size in a 3-5-5-5-3 formation. If an xSplit symbol lands, the feature upgrades to The Kill bonus segment with +2 extra spins

The Kill

A direct way to trigger The Kill feature is by hitting 3 scatters and an xSplit symbol in the base game. The feature is similar to The Search but has the added advantage of always having an xSplit Wild symbol on the last reel


Serial boasts a max win potential of 74,800x the stake. But you can only win up to 18,700x the stake during the base game and bonus round. Once you win the said amount, you can claim the max payout by playing the xBizarre feature. This three-tier game segment gives you a 50:50 chance of making the right guess. Guessing all three answers correctly wins the slot’s maximum prize of 74,800x the stake. Fortunately, wrong answers don’t forfeit your previous wins. 

Nolimit Bonus 

Nolimit Bonus is not available in some jurisdictions. But if accessible in your region, it gives you the option to enter the following features directly by paying the requisite fee: 

  • The Search costs 78x the stake 
  • The Kills costs 480x the stake 
  • Lucky Draw costs 279x the stake and gives a 70% chance of triggering The Search and 30% for The Kill

Payouts, Theme, and Volatility

Tools and objects of the threatening serial killer comprise the low-pay symbols, offering 0.50x to 0.90x the stake for five matching ones. At the higher end of the paytable are bones, a terrified lady, a doctor, an inspector, and Bodycam Butcher. These premium symbols pay in the range of 1x to 5x the stake for hitting five identical symbols. 

Serial follows the story of a psychopath killer on the loose who goes by the name of Bodycam Butcher. 

Serial has extremely high volatility, which implies a likelihood of facing a long dry spell before scoring a big win. 

About the Game Provider 

Nolimit City’s fruitful decade-long experience in the igaming industry has paid off quite well. The game provider has earned the reputation of creating online slots with unique visuals, themes, and innovative features. The company has developed many proprietary game features like xSplit Wild, xNudge, xWays, etc., which frequently appear in its slots. Besides listing in top-rated online casinos, you can easily find popular Nolimit City slots on several crypto-gambling platforms

Final Considerations 

Serial reasserts the unbending creativeness of Nolimit City as a game provider. The slot’s controversial subject matter and gruesome visuals are not an end in itself but blend perfectly well with the gameplay. Moreover, the game embeds tightly packed features which keeps the base game and bonus segments thrilling. 

A special thumbs up goes to the mathematicians of Nolimit City, who have matched the brutality of Bodycam Butcher by providing an equally brutal volatility level along with a robust max win prize of 74,800x the stake. Even if the slot’s theme is not to your taste, its features and math will definitely impress you. 

Other Slots by Nolimit City

{{ content }}


Our Serial review dissects the slot’s integral elements like its features, variance, payouts, etc. For any queries regarding the slot, you can communicate with us via the comment box. We are just a text away. 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *