Little Bighorn Slot Review

Little Bighorn slot thumbnail by nolimit city

Our Favourite Casinos to play Little Bighorn Slot

Image of the BCGAME logo
Daily Free Spin for a mega win of up to 5 BTC
Trustdice Logo
Claim a $25 Welcome Bonus
No deposit
Image of the Stake Casino logo
Play on Stake and join the Daily $100,000 Race
Image of the 500Casino logo
Get a bonus of 100% up to 1000$ + 50 Free Spins

Technical Table Information

InformationInsights of the slot
RTP (return to player):96.06%
Release Date:11.10.2022
Maximum Multiplier:25,676x 
Winning Lines:360
Min bet ($, £, €): 0.20
Max bet ($, £, €): 100

Description of the Slot 

The famous Battle of Little Bighorn was fought on June 25-26, 1876, next to the Little Bighorn river in Montana. Considered one of the most extensively researched battles in North America, it resulted in the native tribes overwhelming the US Government significantly. Although several historians honor fighters from both sides, this particular event throws light on the resilience of local tribes who fought for their identity and land against the government. The innovative game provider, Nolimit City, draws a picture of this battle to honor the spirit of Native Americans and US Army soldiers involved in this historical event. 

The Little Bighorn slot opens on a unique grid design shaped in a 3-4-5-3-2 formation with 360 winning ways. While wagers fall between 0.20 to 100 coins per spin, enabling Scalp Bet charges 50% extra in return for a guaranteed scatter on the second reel. Among important numbers are the slot’s above-average RTP of 96.06%, an extremely high variance model (rated 10 out of 10), and the max win potential of 25,676x the stake. Now that we have gone through the specifications, it’s time to delve deep into the game and the history it portrays. 

Design and Audio

The slot is set in 19th Century Montana and employs a Wild West theme. However, instead of focusing on the town, the action takes place in a prairie. This becomes further evident from the horse riders running in the background. Also, before the game starts, famous fighters from both sides, like Crazy Horse and Lieutenant Colonel Custer, are given due tribute. A groovy yet typical Wild West score plays in the background, which goes along the game’s high-octane action well. 


Little Bighorn lives up to Nolimit City’s tradition by piling up abundant features to keep players hooked to the game. 

xMount: Scalp Wild 

Keep an eye on the five-symbols-high reel since the Scalp Wild symbol lands only on this reel. Upon landing, it transforms all American soldiers into wilds. After that, the Scalp Wild nudges to expand to the entire reel. The soldiers’ heads are scalped with each nudge, and a +1 multiplier gets added to the converted symbols. Multipliers represent the number of symbols on that particular reel

Totem Scatters 

Totem Scatters appear only on reels 2, 3, and 4 during the base game and Scalp Free spins. But in Spirit Call Freespins, you can get Totem Scatters only on reels 3, 4, and 5. Hitting up to 2 Totem Scatters during the base game converts them into expanding wilds. During Free spins, they also provide an extra spin. However, landing 3 Totem Scatters in the base game triggers Scalp Free spins.

No Mercy Scatter – Spirit Call Respin

No Mercy Scatter lands only on the fifth reel and triggers the Spirit Call Respin upon hitting. The scatter moves to the first reel in this feature and awards a respin. Following that, the scatter turns into one of the following wild chieftains. 

  • Sitting Bull: transforms all symbols of the same type into expanding wilds.
  • Crazy Horse: transforms all Crazy Horse symbols into wilds. For each Crazy Horse symbol on reels, a +1 multiplier becomes applicable to these symbols. 
  • Two Moon transforms Two Moon symbols into wilds.

Scalp Freespins 

Hitting 3 Totem Scatters award 8 Scalp Free spins. As the feature continues, the multiplier increments by +1 for each scalped symbol. Also, the multipliers do not reset until the feature ends. And if new Totem Scatters land, they turn into expanding wilds and award +1 free spins. Moreover, hitting a No Mercy Scatter upgrades the feature to Spirit Call Freespins and awards +2 free spins

Spirit Call Freespins 

Getting 3 Totem Scatters and a No Mercy Scatter in the same spin activates 10 Spirit Call Free spins. The feature works like Scalp Free spins with the added advantage of a No Mercy Scatter icon always sticking to the first reel and the grid changing to a 2-3-4-5-3 formation. Then with each free spin, the No Mercy Scatter transforms into Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, or Two Moon, which provide their respective benefits. 

Nolimit Bonus 

Enabling this option allows you to purchase the Scalp Freespins for 77x the stake and Spirit Call Freespins for 490x the stake. A third choice is also available, where you pay 159.5x the stake and get an 80% chance of triggering Scalp Free spins and a 20% chance of activating Spirit Call Free spins. 

Payouts, Theme, and Volatility

Five weapons comprise the low-pay symbols offering between 1x to 1.25x the stake for lining up five matching symbols. At the higher rung are Two Moon, Myles Walter Keogh, Crazy Horse, George Armstrong Custer, and Sitting Bull. These premium characters offer 1.5x to 3.75x the stake for landing five identical symbols. The wild logo is also a paying symbol and provides 3.75x the stake for a five-of-a-kind winning combination. 

Little Bighorn focuses on the battle of 1876 between combined forces of Northern Cheyenne, Arapaho, and Lakota Sioux against the 7th Cavalry Regiment of the US Army. 

Little Bighorn doesn’t go easy on players’ risk appetite as it is a highly volatile slot. Slots with high variance pay less frequently but can generate big wins in a small duration. 

About the Game Provider 

Nolimit City has been part of the igaming industry for over a decade. The company routinely releases high-quality slots known for their unique storyline, design, and innovative features. The game provider has also developed several in-house features like xWays or xSplit to employ in its online slots. With its reputation growing gradually, Nolimit City slots are now widely available across popular crypto casinos, where you can play them with additional perks and privileges. 

Final Considerations 

While it is challenging to summarize the Battle of Little Bighorn in an online slot, Nolimit City has done a splendid job with the subject matter. It aimed to give players a quick insight into this historical event by standing for universal values like Identity and Freedom. But even from a business point of view, Little Bighorn is an impressive slot where you get loads of simple yet effective features. Although the pay symbols do not generate much value, you can still rake in excellent payouts with the help of base game and bonus features. 

Other Slots by Nolimit City 

{{ content }}


Our Little Bighorn review dissects the slot’s payouts, variance, features, theme, etc. Let us know if you found the review helpful. You can contact us via the dialog box for any queries regarding the slot. We’re always ready to assist you! 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *